Chaos Central


I totally had a post all planned for yesterday to give you an update on my office renovation, but unfortunately life turned to chaos yesterday.  There is really no other word to describe the day I had other than that. It was pure chaos.  It all started the moment I woke up.  I had to get up earlier than normal because I had to be up, showered, and ready for the day before I took the girls to school. Normally I get up, get the girls up, pack lunches, take them to school, work out, and then shower and get ready for the day.  Anytime my routine changes, it just throws me off.  Anyway, I needed to take the girls to school a few minutes earlier than normal, but they, of course, were moving like snails.  They seem to have this innate ability to move as slow as possible when they know I need them to hurry.    It is like they physically cannot move any faster just because I want them to.  My youngest is the worst.  Rushing her causes her anxiety to ramp up and her to start yelling.  It is like a chain reaction and everyone starts yelling.  It’s awful.  It was just a bad start to a day that was going to turn out to be a disaster.  

The reason that I had to get up earlier and the girls had to go to school earlier is because I had to go to my husband’s work to renew my military ID. I had an appointment and it takes a little over an hour to get there. I was already pushing it to get make it for the appointment anyway because I couldn’t drop the girls off any earlier than I did.  I finally got the girls out of the house, dropped them off at school, and began the drive to the Metro station so I could ride my way there instead of fighting the intense traffic around here.  Well, by the time I got to the Metro station, the parking garage was already FULL.  I drove around in circles through the garage for probably 15 minutes. There was absolutely NO WHERE to park.  I was getting pretty anxious by now because I needed to get on the Metro soon to make it in time.  My husband told me to leave and drive up to the next Metro station and go from there.  I got back on the interstate and found the bumper to bumper traffic I was trying to avoid. I was crawling along at sloth pace. Then I missed my exit because I couldn’t get over in the traffic in time. I ended up having to circle back to get to the station. Well, when I got there, there was NO WHERE to park there either. I was driving around and around the station.  It turns out that there is no parking at that particular station. It only has a Kiss and Ride area. Needless to say, I was beyond stressed at this point.  I was starting to see that there was no way I was going to make it in time for my appointment.  In my anxious state, I was fussing at my husband as he was trying to figure out how to get me there on time.  It was becoming all too clear to us both that with the traffic and no Metro, I was not going to make it.  He finally told me to just go back home.  I got back on the interstate and headed home.  I got about halfway back when my husband called me back.  He had gone and talked to the people at the ID office and they told him to have me come anyway and that they would work me in.  I turned back around (by now I had paid like 4 tolls as this particular interstate is a toll road) and began the long drive to his work.  We were giving up on the Metro, and I was just going to drive the whole way in.  I was back in the bumper to bumper traffic which is stressful enough alone as my husband was giving me directions on how to get there.  He was going to meet me at the mall parking garage near his office.  I got to the parking garage at about 10:55. My appointment was at 10:30 and the people at the ID office go to lunch from 11-12:00. As I turned into the garage, my husband jumped in the back seat.  Believe it or not, we couldn’t find a parking spot in this garage either! I am not making this up! I drove around and around as both of our anxieties continued to increase until we finally found a spot. By now it was after 11 and we still had to walk about a mile to get to his building.  Let me not forget to mention that it was 93 degrees yesterday and we were walking as fast as we could.  I was sweating profusely by the time we got there. I needed a new shower for sure! The ID guys were, of course, already at lunch and the office was closed by the time we got there.  Frustration is an understatement.  They only do IDs until 11:00, so we had no way of knowing if they would take me when they got back from lunch.  My husband and I decided to walk down to the building’s food court for lunch ourselves while we waited for them to open back up.  At this point, I had wasted most of my day and he had not gotten any work done. We were both stressed to the max. We quickly ate and headed back up to the ID office so that we would be the first ones in when they opened back up hoping they would be nice and take me.  It is a fairly simple process to get a new ID if you get a new one BEFORE your old one expires.  Mine expired on the 7th.  It is a HUGE hassle to get one if yours expires.  It requires tons of documentation and stuff.  It was really essential that I get it now.  We waited so close to the expiration date because my husband was promoted a couple of days ago and he wanted to make sure his new rank was on my ID card. Many praises to the little guy that opened the door and agreed to take me! We were beyond grateful. After all the craziness, I got my ID!!! Let’s just say that it was quite the stressful few hours.  

I got back home with just enough time to catch my breath before having to spend my daily hour in the carpool lines and then begin chauffeuring everyone to their practices. In the midst of all the chaos, I did receive an email from my daughter’s doctor stating that her biopsy results miraculously came back normal.  I am still in shock over the news.  I reread the email like 10 times thinking I must have missed something.  I just don’t understand how it came back normal after what she told us she saw during the scope.  I was totally convinced that the news would be bad.  God heard our prayers and provided us with some incredible news, and I am so grateful.  Despite the chaos of the day, good prevailed.  Needless to say, you will all have to wait until next week to see the progress in my office.  That just gives me more time to work on it. 



Published by

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.